Dark lips are a very common problem these days. There are many reasons for this like exposure to the sun, unhealthy diet, stress, dehydration, dust, consumption of tea, coffee, carbonated drinks, the habit of peeling the skin of lips, use of excessive lip products. Our lips are so sensitive and delicate and they require extra care to keep them soft and shiny.
Lips are the most delicate part of our body. The skin of the lips is affected very quickly, as they are thinner than the skin of the face. Our lips lack sweat glands, so they need more care. The reasons for dark, cracked, and unhealthy lips can be as follows-
- Using Expired Products
- Exposure To Excessive Sunlight And Pollution
- Not Removing Makeup at Night
- Excessive Consumption of Caffeine.
10 Natural Home Remedies for Pink Lips
1. Essential Oils for Pink Lips
Applying almond or coconut oil can make your dark lips soft and shiny. You only need to apply one of the oils overnight by massaging it for a minute. The oil helps hydrate your lips and also exfoliates them.
Coconut oil contains essential fatty acids that keep your lips hydrated and soft.
Almond oil, on the other hand, has emollient properties that protect your lips from discoloration and give a greasy look.
2. Aloe Vera Gel for Dark Lips
Aloe vera gel is now known to have many benefits for hair, skin, body, allergies, etc.
Read Also – How to Get Rid of Blackheads Naturally | 8 Tips
This miraculous plant also helps to keep our lips soft and smooth. If you have any cuts on your lips, aloe vera gel will help you make it perfect for you. Its anti-inflammatory properties help fight irritation. It moisturizes the lips and removes any kind of dryness from them.
- Take a fresh aloe vera leaf and cut it in the middle.
- You can take the gel from it.
- Join some drops of coconut or olive oil.
- Use this mixture as a lip balm.
3. Lemon and Honey pack
We all know how beneficial lemon and honey are for our skin. If a combo of that is used, it works miraculously. A lemon is a bleaching tool, which assists to eliminate any dead skin cells from the lips. Honey cleanses the skin of the lips as well as moisturizes it.
- Mix both lemon juice and honey in equal quantity and coat your lips with the pack
- 10-15 minutes wait and wipe it off.
- Here you get soft and shiny lips instantly.
4. Cucumber for Dark Lips
Cucumber and beetroot both have antioxidant properties that will keep your lips healthy and youthful with a good complexion. Cucumber provides essential nutrients to the lips and removes its dryness and flakiness. It also helps in removing pigmentation from the lips.
To remove the blackness of the lips, rub a piece of cold cucumber or beet on your lips. Cucumber has cooling features and also has your skin hydrated.
5. Use of Rosewater to Darken Lips
Rosewater is a magical and essential ingredient for your home, as it works as an excellent product on your skin.
By applying rose water, your lips will glow and the blackness of the lips will go away.
Rosewater is effective to remove dark circles.
6. Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple Cider Vinegar has many skin benefits. It acts as a great lip-lightening agent. Apple Cider Vinegar also helps in removing pigmentation from the lips.
- Mix apple cider vinegar in water.
- Dab a cotton ball in it
- Apply on your lips for 10 minutes.
- And wash it off with lukewarm water.
7. Stay Hydrated
Staying hydrated helps a lot in flushing out the bad toxins from the body. Drink excess water to put your lips hydrated and off from dryness. Strive to -10 drinks of water every day.
Read Also – Top 6 Healthy Lifestyle Tips to Control Diabetes
8. Pomegranate Seeds and Milk
You must keep in mind that another simple process to lighten shady, tired lips as well as create a nice-looking rosy complexion is to use pomegranate seeds. Pomegranate extract reduces tyrosinase activity and melanin production in the lips, which ultimately brightens it.
Grind a handful of pomegranate seeds and mix them in the cream of milk.
Apply this mixture on your lips regularly and watch them look pink and full.
9. Lip Balm and Toothbrush Exfoliation
This most effective method can help in removing product buildup and accumulated dead cells from your lips. It cleans flaky lips like magic. Also provides you clear, soft, and smooth lips. Here is the most essential and practical method for the lips.
- A good quality soft toothbrush.
- A lip balm
- Apply a thick layer of lip balm on the lips at night.
- Dump the toothbrush in the morning and rub it gently on your lips.
- The dead skin of the lips is removed.
- Wipe off any excess balm.
- You just need to brush gently on your lips.
- Your lips will feel moisturized and soft.
10. Sugar and Coconut Oil
We know that sugar is the best exfoliation agent and coconut oil helps to keep our skin moisturized and hydrated. This scrub combo is the best and gives us results very soon.
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- Mix them and mix well blend
- Apply this mixture to your lips
- Keep it for some time and then rub it with light hands.
- Wipe with a damp cloth
- You will feel soft on your lips by exfoliating the dead skin.
- Apply lip balm afterward.
Do this once or twice a week.